How To Find Speaking Opportunities
Learn and implement 10 tried-and-tested strategies for easily finding speaking paid engagements.
What You'll Learn
- Want to build a predictable flow (and then a flood) of speaking opportunities? Discover 15 actionable strategies to find paid speaking opportunities right now.
- Avoid the feast or famine of being a professional speaker by creating a repeatable process for researching paid speaking gigs.
- Think you need to be represented by a big speaker bureau get booked as a speaker? No! You just need to implement one or two of the fifteen 'gig finder' campaigns you'll learn in this training.
- Leapfrog your competition by finding the best speaking leads and opportunities before they do.
- Want to supercharge your client outreach? Discover the power of targeted mailing lists.
- Discover EXACTLY which search terms to use when finding upcoming corporate and industry conferences and association meetings to speak on.
- Quickly learn how to use LinkedIn for prospecting and to see who the decision makers for an event are.
- Get paid for spending time on social media by using our social research process for researching stages that your competitors have spoken on (and you should be to).
- Sure you could eventually figure out how to do all of this. But why waste time. Just use the standard operating procedures we outline in this training.
- Do you have a steady stream of speaking enquiries? If your answer is no then you absolutely must implement our 'Gig Finder' process for researching speaking opportunities.
- Find the influential event planners and HR directors who are looking to book speakers like you.
- Ever wondered how to find the email address of a prospective speaking client, conference organizer or meeting planner? We'll show you how.
- AND MUCH, MUCH MORE...
Total Running Time: 35 minutes 3 seconds
Discover the secrets to finding paid speaking on both offline and online stages.
First, discover ten tried and tested strategies for finding speaking engagements online whether that be internal corporate events, large conferences, industry meetings, and summits. Then, decide which of their strategies and tactics you are going to apply first. Finally, take action and start to grow your speaking business faster than you thought possible.
Plus... you’ll also receive access to the all the slides for this training.
Lesson 1: Introduction
Want an endless supply of speaking gigs and leads? In this training we'll provide an overview of how to find speaking opportunities.
Lesson 2: Prospecting
Learn about the importance of the prospecting stage for any speakers business.
Lesson 3: Spreadsheets and CRM's
Exactly which pieces of information you'll need to research for and how to organize them.
Lesson 4: Google Alerts
How would you like to wake up each morning with an email listing 20+ events looking for speakers just like you? That's what'll we'll cover in this lesson.
Lesson 5: Google Search
The best keyword phrases to use when searching for future paid speaking engagements.
Lesson 6: Directories
A simple strategy for finding conference organizers with budgets.
Lesson 7: Mailing Lists
Supercharge your outreach campaigns to prospective speaking clients.
Lesson 8: LinkedIn Content Search
The first of our trainings on how to use LinkedIn to find speaking opportunities.
Lesson 9: Speaker Websites
Save yourself days of research by letting your competitors do the heavy lifting for you.
Lesson 10: Speaker Social Media
How to use social media to make you money instead of costing you time.
Lesson 11: Speaker LinkedIn Recommendations
Ever wondered how to find the actual contacts of clients who pay for speakers? This will teach you how.
Lesson 12: Bureau Websites
How speaker bureaus can generate you business even if you are not on their rosters?
Lesson 13: Bureau Social Media
Why it it worth connecting with speaker bureau agents and managers.
Lesson 14: LinkedIn Bureau Recommendations
Professional speakers love LinkedIn because it's one of the best ways of researching for speaking opportunities. This lesson will teach you a cool way of using its powerful features.
Lesson 15: LinkedIn Event Professionals Search
Discover the job titles of the professionals who book speakers for their corporate and association clients. Then use this information to research and outreach.
Lesson 16: LinkedIn Association Professional Search
Industry and trade associations can generate up to 75% of a speakers paid bookings. Learn how to search for the decision makers at these associations.
Lesson 17: LinkedIn HR Professional Search
If you offer both keynotes and training then you are going to love this lesson for increasing your average fee.
Lesson 18: YouTube Client Search
A highly underutilized tactics for finding the big online and offline stages to get paid to speak on.
Lesson 19: How To Find (Nearly) Any Email Address
Don't know how to find the email address of that prospective client? We've got you covered.
How It Works
- Click the button below to access.
- Check your email to get your login information.
- Login and start learning!
Meet Your Instructor
Your instructor on this course is James Taylor, a professional keynote speaker on creativity and artificial intelligence and founder of SpeakersU.
His mission in life is to unlock the creative potential in people and teams. He holds an MBA with a focus on international business and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (previous fellows include Benjamin Franklin and Nelson Mandela).
As an international keynote speaker and expert on business creativity he is passionate about delivering experiences on stage which inspire, educate and entertain audiences. He also coaches aspiring and professional speakers through the SpeakersU Membership program.
What People Are Saying About Our Trainings
“I’d heard a lot about James Taylor and I was absolutely impressed by the amount of information he shares. He is probably the best speaker that knows how to use technology and marketing automation. He walks the talk. I’d highly recommend working with James.” - Kiruba Shankar, Speaker and Founder President of Professional Speakers Association of India
"“Seriously inspired but more importantly James showed me how I could succeed with integrity." - Andrea Edwards, Speaker on Social Leadership
"I was still working in another industry when I started following James videos. His interviews and speeches gave me the tools and know-how to take the correct steps and conquer the local speaking market, and then spread to the international market. In the last couple of years, I performed as a speaker in Las Vegas, Stanford University, the Cyprus national FBI academy, TEDx in Greece and Switzerland etc." - Savvas Trichas, Speaker on Body Language